Inventory Unit Detail
2019 Yamaha SMAX
The best way to start your sport scooter adventure, 155cc engine, auto transmission, light, sporty handling and under seat storage.
- Potent, Economical Engine: Powerful 155cc, liquid-cooled 4-stroke, SOHC fuel-injected engine is highly fuel efficient while producing excellent acceleration and power for commuting or highway riding.
- Automatic Convenience: Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) makes operating the SMAX a snap without the need to use a hand clutch or shift gears.
- Step-Through Design: The SMAX features a roomy frame designed for overall balance and provides plenty of foot space.
- On-Board Storage: Large storage area that holds approximately 32 liters of under seat storage - big enough for a full face helmet or groceries.
- Premium Accommodations: Two-up riding is comfortable for both riders, featuring a spacious, well laid-out design and standard windscreen.
- Potent, Economical Engine: Advanced 155cc engine is smooth, quiet and produces outstanding power for commuting or highway riding. Plus, it makes the most of every gallon with 81 mpg* fuel economy.
- Responsive Performance: The engine has a linear power feel that pulls through the powerband delivering excellent acceleration and a sporty ride experience.
- Automatic Convenience: There is no need to use a clutch or shift gears with the durable and reliable continuously variable transmission (CVT) and that makes riding the SMAX fun and convenient.
- Modern Chassis: Frame design makes for a sporty, well-handling machine while still providing plenty of foot space for the rider.
- Plush Suspension: Mid-ship, horizontally-positioned rear shock offers 3.7" of travel for added rider and passenger comfort.
- Confidence-Inspiring Traction: Wide, high-grip 13-inch tires front and rear offer excellent grip and comfort.
- Advanced Brakes: Large 267mm front and 245mm rear disc brakes maintain consistent stopping power.
- On-Board Storage: Approximately 32-liter underseat storage space will fit a full face helmet or groceries.
- Step-Through Design: Relaxed riding position and flat foot space allow outstanding rider comfort.
- Style and Function: Sporty 3-gauge meter is easy to see and provides great rider information. LED position lights and tail light improve visibility and add to the sporty style.
- Engine Type: 155cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke, SOHC single cylinder; 4 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 58.0mm x 58.7mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
- Ignition: Digital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: Automatic CVT
- Final Drive: V-Belt
- Suspension / Front: Telescopic fork; 3.1 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Mid-ship, horizontal-positioned rear shock; 3.7 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic disc, 267mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Tires / Front: 120/70-13
- Tires / Rear: 130/70-13
- L x W x H: 79.9 in. x 28.1 in. x 51.0 in.
- Seat Height: 31.3 in.
- Wheelbase: 55.3 in.
- Rake (Castor Angle): 26.0 deg.
- Trail: 3.2 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 2.0 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 81 mpg
- Wet Weight: 328 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the MSF at 800.446.9227.
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, SOHC single cylinder; 4 valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 58.0mm x 58.7mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection
- Digital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Automatic CVT
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic fork; 3.1 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 267mm
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Mid-ship, horizontal-positioned rear shock; 3.7 in. travel
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Rear Tire
- Curb Weight
- 328 lb.
- Seat Height
- 31.3 in.
- 55.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.0 gal.
- Candy Red
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)